Restart Announcement of
The Fifth World Youth Buddhist Symposium
Good news! With the most friendly support from Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University of Thailand, we are pleased to have a wonderful opportunity to restart the Fifth World Youth Buddhist Symposium which has been postponed. This August, we are going to gather together in beautiful Chiangmai, an ancient capital and culturally significant city full of roses located in Northern Thailand to share the wisdom scent
Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University (Thai: :มหาวิทยาลัยมหาจุฬาลงกรณราชวิทยาลัย) is a major institute of Buddhist Higher Education in the world. It was founded by His Majesty the King Chulalongkorn (King Rama V) more than hundred years ago.
The Fifth World Youth Buddhist Symposium will be jointly organized by Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University (Chiangmai Campus), the Centre for Religious and Spirituality Education HKIED and World Youth Buddhist Society, and co-organized by the Buddhist Society of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
The important updated information is as below:
Date: 1 – 4 August 2015 (4 days)
Place: Chiangmai, Thailand
Closing Date of Registration: 31 May 2015
Please register this event ASAP and cherish the valuable opportunity of meeting with Khenpo Sodargye Rinpoche in Thailand.
Please refer to the following updated information of the Fifth World Youth Buddhist Symposium:
The Fifth World Youth Buddhist Symposium
Theme: Ultimate Concern
1 – 4 August 2015, Thailand
Ever since ancient times, human beings have been constantly exploring life’s origination and ending, and seeking the meaning of life and death beyond worldly life. From the basic questions like why we were born or if there is another world after death, each of these concerns is heading the development of the human civilized society, caring human’s confusion and anxiety over life and death, and giving expectation for the suffering.
In this regards, we are pleased to announce the Fifth World Youth Buddhist Symposium will be held on the theme of “Ultimate Concern” and three sub-themes namely “Spiritual Well-being”, “Life and Death” and “Tibetan Buddhism Tradition” in August 2015 in the Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University in Thailand, where people can get together to think and talk about questions over life and death. Following the success of the previous four symposiums, we sincerely hope that this symposium would serve as a friendly and harmonious platform among Buddhist Community, other religious and the academia for their thorough exchange, in order to create a happy and harmonious environment for the mankind.
|| The Fifth World Youth Buddhist Symposium
|| Ultimate Concern
|| Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University, Thailand
The Centre for Religious and Spirituality Education of HKIEDWorld Youth Buddhist Society
|| The Buddhist Society of Hong Kong Polytechnic University
|| 1 – 4 August 2015 (4 days)
|| Chiangmai, Thailand
|| Khenpo Sodargye Rinpoche and other renowned principals,
professors and experts from key universities and well-known
religious figures both at home and abroad to be invited for paneldiscussion and speeches.
All religions welcome, especially those who are interested in traditional culture and Buddhism:
- Students from junior college education and levels above; or
- Young scholars and researchers; or
- Principals of any religious or traditional cultural institutions.
Seats are limited so early registration is preferable.
CALL FOR ESSAYS
The organizers will collect and edit symposium presentations for publication. Please be noted that the following requirements, submission and procedures should be observed if you want to submit for publication.
- About the awards: First Prize (3 persons), Second Prize (6 persons), Third Prize (10 persons), Memorial Award (20 persons).
(NOTE: All the rewarded essays will be collected into the Symposium Essay Collections or recommended to any relevant platform.)
- Requirements: Your essay for reward is supposed to keep the symposium theme of “Ultimate Concern” and relevant to either of the three sub-themes of “Spiritual Well-being”, “Life and Death” and “Tibetan Buddhism Tradition”.
- Format: You need to conform your essay to APA format for submission.
- Word Count: A full essay of 1000-3000 words is required.
- Closing Date: 31 May 2015
- Submission: Please send your essay together with any relative documents via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(NOTE: Duplicate submission is not acceptable and we will not accept any articles which have already been published.)
- The schedule of this symposium includes: Interfaith Dialogue, Keynote Speech, Micro-speech, Hot Topic Discussion, Meditation Practice, Free Talks, Visiting etc. Following the spirit of “Open, Inclusive, Truth seeking and Altruistic” of previous symposiums, this symposium aims to provide more opportunities for the participants to present their intelligence and learn from others’ advantages. We believe you will find this symposium a very rewarding one!
- Meals & accommodation and any paper handling expenditure are sponsored by the organizers ONLY for the participant in person during the symposium.
- All admitted participants will be charged a non-refundable registration fees of RMB 300/HK$ 400. Any students who are unable to afford the fees can apply for the fee waiver.
- The organizers reserve all the rights to hold the Fifth World Youth Buddhist Symposium.
- Please click Registration Form for online registration.
- Registration is closing by 31 May 2015.
- The organizers will send you the Admission Notice to confirm your admission for attending the symposium.
Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: Ms Tong / +852-67187073
Overseas: Ms Jiang / +86-15983738491
Official website: www.wybuddhist.com
Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University chiangmai campus , Thailand
The Centre for Religious and Spirituality Education HKIED
The Buddhist Society of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
World Youth Buddhist Society